Security & privacy
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
- Avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts so that they can’t all be fraudulently accessed at once. Multiple passwords keep you safer
- Use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that's very personal to you
- Most sites set a minimum number of characters to use, but avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number
- Try to mix upper and lower case letters and numbers in your password
- You might like to use something like a well-known phrase like “Too many cooks spoil the broth” and turn it into 2MCstb, for example
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
- All such information is held on secure servers.
- We comply fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we'll treat all your personal information as fully confidential. Find out more
Reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment.
- They receive information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order
- All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private
To shop at johnlewis.com you need to have all cookies enabled, though you can still use the website for browsing and research purposes without them.
We also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
Customer contact promise
The John Lewis Partnership includes John Lewis, Waitrose and John Lewis Financial Services, and we'd like to keep you informed on exciting offers and news about our products and services.
We do this in various ways including email, post, SMS and phone, but only if you would like us to. Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you're always in control of what we do with your personal information. This is our simple customer contact promise:
- We'll never pass your personal details to anyone outside the John Lewis Partnership for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- We'll only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer. That means things like:
- Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your products
- News to help you make informed choices in the things you buy
- Details of new products and services
- Special offers
- Or simply, to get your feedback
- We’ll make sure our contact with you is relevant, based on the information you give us
- You can opt out at any time. All you need to do is change your Promotional Preferences in My Account. But remember, if you do ‘opt out' of receiving this information you could miss out on offers and news.
Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch.
johnlewis.com maintains the highest levels of security. We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions.
- You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.johnlewis.com in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online
- Only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust
- Our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™. and American Express SafeKey SM. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
- To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card. Click on the images below to find out more:
Once you've registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted automatically at checkout to provide this password when you make a purchase that requires authorisation.
Your Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ or American Express SafeKey SM password is different from your johnlewis.com account password. We don't have access to card issuer passwords.
Using WiFi in public places
Using an unsecured network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept anything you're doing online. We recommend you only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust, and to always be aware of the risks associated with using public WiFi.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We'll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from johnlewis.com requesting this kind of information, please don't respond, but do let us know about it.