Change or cancel an order
We're sorry that in most circumstances it's not possible to make changes to your order once you've placed it.
If you'd like to add products to your order, please place a new order for these items.
If you need to change details of your delivery address, remove items from your order or cancel it completely, please contact our Customer Services team for advice on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week, or email us here
(to arrange returns only). Please be ready to quote your order number and order date.
If your order has already been despatched or delivered, then you'll need to follow our Returns procedure
in the event of any unwanted products. You can also of course return them to a John Lewis shop.
There are some products which we cannot cancel, refund or exchange, including flowers and made-to-measure items. Please see below for more details.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
• You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
• Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
• If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
• To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
• You can cancel by email: email@example.com , or call 03456 049 049
• If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
• We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Track your order
To check your order status, just sign in or register at the top of the page, then click on My John Lewis followed by View orders.
Order received means your order hasn't been processed yet
Order processing means your order could be at any point between the warehouse receiving it and despatching your goods
Despatched means your order has left our warehouse. You'll receive an email confirming despatch. Depending on our chosen carrier, you may receive a separate email from us that will detail how to track your order when it has left the warehouse. In the case of products such as furniture where there is a long lead time, "Despatched" means that you've been charged for your order, and you'll be notified of delivery separately
Cancelled means your order has been cancelled either by you or us
If you find that your order has only been partially delivered, this may be because other items are being despatched from a different location. However, if your order is obviously incomplete, over-delivered or damaged, or if you wish to change or cancel your order, please email our Customer Service team
or telephone on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week.
Your purchase history
Missing, incomplete or damaged orders
If your order hasn't arrived, or arrives incomplete, first of all please view your order online. Sign into My John Lewis here.
If your order has been despatched but hasn't arrived within the expected time period, please email our Customer Services team, or call us on 03456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week.
If you've more than one item on your order, please bear in mind that products may be sent out from multiple locations and so arrive separately. However, if this is not the case and you haven't received the entire order as detailed in the order confirmation email sent to you, please email or call us as before.
If your order arrives and the goods are damaged, follow our Returns procedure or call us on 03456 049 049.
Depending on the type of product, you can make free returns via our shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or via MyHermes.
If you need your item/s to be collected because it's large or heavy - that means:
over 61 x 46 x 46cm/5kg for Royal Mail
over 90 x 60 x 60cm/15kg for Collect+
over 120 x 60 x 60cm/15kg for MyHermes
or you have any other queries, call us on 03456 049 049 and we can arrange free collection. This particularly applies if your product has been delivered by a 2-person crew.
Please allow 10 days from the collection or posting date for us to credit your account. We will refund the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
See below for full details of our returns and refunds policy, and for international returns, find out more here
1. Returns via a John Lewis shop
Simply take a print-out of your order confirmation or the delivery note and the product you wish to return or exchange to the appropriate department in the shop, and tell the sales assistant you bought it online
Please make sure you also take in the payment card you originally used to buy the product. Your refund can then be done straight away
As PayPal is an online payment system, we can only exchange but not refund if you return items you've bought online with PayPal to one of our shops; please return via another method suggested below for refund
If you've paid by John Lewis Partnership gift card or by John Lewis gift vouchers, you'll usually be given a gift card to the relevant value, but this does not affect your statutory rights in the event of goods being faulty or not as described